Make it blue! After putting this costume off for several years, I’ve finally decided to start Aurora’s blue dress. Making Elsa was not an easy feat, and I felt opportunity for artistic liberties were greatly diminished with cosplaying a 3-D rendered character, which frequently frustrated me. I think now is an appropriate time to take on this costume and just go crazy with adding a bit of my own flair! I still need to find a fabric I like for the skirt, but I’m well on my way :]
Deedlit armor progress, along with the green fabric I got for my dress! I find painting very relaxing and it’s one of my favorite things to do for cosplay. I decided to go ahead and show how vast the difference can be, from a flat base coat to added texture and shadow. A bit of shadow and distressing makes a big difference and makes for a better end product. The top pieces demonstrate added shadow and distressing with brown acrylics. The bottom image on the left is gold acrylic with rub n’ buff added and the image on the right is the gold acrylic base.
I’ve been working on my corset for Rarity and found the perfect gaudy buttons to use for the faux double breasted panel in the front. I have to say, creating a costume based around Rarity’s prissy and hilariously ridiculous character has been pretty amusing. Also, the lighting in my room makes all my purples look completely off. One of them is definitely way more blue in the photos, than it actually is.
Umi kneepads! So, I started work on a new Umi cosplay. I really enjoy painting these armor pieces. They’re definitely not done yet, though. The cast jewels are just placeholders to give everyone an idea of what these pieces should look like in the end. I’ll have to cast larger ones.
I created these armor pieces using a paper mache method along with craft foam details. More information on paper mache armor can be found in this tutorial by FireLily cosplay.
Umi armor pieces made by Dessi-Desu